When you apply for a loan, your credit score helps lenders decide how likely it is that they will get paid back. A credit score is based on information and formulas that help financial institutions make lending decisions. The higher your score, the better your chances of obtaining the loan.
Read Also: How Is A Home Marketed?
Here are some ways to improve your credit score:
- They sound obvious, but first, make sure you pay all of your bills promptly.
- Try to keep credit card balances low and manage them responsibly. High debt will lower your score.
- Don’t open credit cards. You don’t need to open a lot of credit accounts in a short time to lower your score.
- Don’t cancel a card when you pay off the balance. Your credit score increases the longer you’ve been with a creditor and have been paying on time.
- Check your credit report periodically for accuracy. If you find something is wrong, contact both the credit reporting company and the company that provided the information to get things corrected.
Use these tips, and over time, you’ll be well on your way to developing a solid credit history.
Watch the video below:
One of the reasons to call the Agardi Team if you want to buy a home or have one to sell is:
Not only do we sell our clients’ homes for more money and faster than the average area agent, but your home is also more likely to sell. According to 2015 MLS statistics, only 71% of area homes sold during their listing term. Compare that to our 95% of homes listed that sold before the end of the listing term. YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED OR WE’LL BUY IT*
To discuss the sale of your home, call The Agardi Team at 718-755-2882 and start packing!
*Agardi Team and the seller have to agree on the price and the closing date.