One of the last things you’ll do as a buyer prior to closing will be a final walkthrough of the property. The purpose of the walkthrough is to confirm that the house is in the same condition. It was the last time you saw it.
Read Also: Questions To Ask When Buying A Condo
Here are some things to check on:
- Turn all the light fixtures on and off
- Turn the heating and air-conditioning systems on and off
- Check all major appliances to make sure they are working
- Turn on the water faucets and check for any leaks
- Flush the toilets
- Test the garbage disposal and any exhaust fans
- Test the garage doors and openers
- Make sure all windows and doors are in working order
- Check that any items you purchased along with the house are still there
- Make sure all agreed-upon repairs have been made
If you notice any issues, inform your realtor immediately so that any deficiencies can be corrected prior to the closing.
Watch the video below:
One of the reasons to call the Agardi Team if you want to buy a home or have one to sell is:
Not only do we sell our clients’ homes for more money and faster than the average area agent, but your home is also more likely to sell. According to 2015 MLS statistics, only 71% of area homes sold during their listing term. Compare that to our 95% of homes listed that sold before the end of the listing term. YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED OR WE’LL BUY IT*
To discuss the sale of your home, call The Agardi Team at 718-755-2882 and start packing!
*Agardi Team and the seller have to agree on the price and the closing date.