The secret to a more relaxed and organized life is decluttering.
The act of decluttering involves getting rid of unused stuff from your home. Basically, though challenging, the effort will be rewarded in the end. Living in a less cluttered house is more tranquil and soothing. Additionally, organization is made simpler.
Here are some of the best decluttering tips:
- Start small. Do not attempt to organize your entire home in a single day. Start with one area of the house or one kind of good, like clothing or paperwork.
- Set a timer. Set a time limit for yourself to purge your space, like 30 or 60 minutes. You can stay focused and avoid being overwhelmed by doing this.
- Get rid of the obvious stuff first. Get rid of anything you don’t need or want, including broken objects, food that has gone bad, and ill-fitting clothing.
- Use the “one-in-one-out” rule. Dispose of old things for every new one that enters your home. This will assist you in preventing the accumulation of clutter.
- Ask yourself the “spark joy” question. This is a well-liked decluttering technique that Marie Kondo popularized. As you consider whether to maintain anything, consider whether it brings you joy. Get rid of it if it doesn’t.
- Donate or sell items that you don’t want. You may reduce your clutter and get additional cash by selling or donating your unneeded goods.
- Recycle or trash items that you can’t donate or sell. Any objects that cannot be donated or sold should be recycled or disposed of.
- Take breaks. Take a break if you start to feel too busy. Afterwards, when you’re feeling revived, return to it.
- Celebrate your progress. As a result, spend some time admiring your accomplishments while you clear your space. This will keep you inspired.
Here are some additional tips that you may find helpful:
- Make a list of things to clean up. You can stay organized and on schedule by doing this.
- Ask a friend or a family member for assistance. Having assistance from a friend or family member can make organizing your space more enjoyable and manageable.
- Listen to podcasts or music as you organize your home. This may assist you in maintaining your drive and attention.
- Declutter in a designated area. You can prevent being distracted by doing this.
- Take pictures of the before and after. This will enable you to gauge your level of development.
Although it can be a difficult chore, decluttering is ultimately worthwhile. Living in a less cluttered house is more tranquil and soothing. You can organize your home and create a space you love by using the advice in this article.
One of the reasons to call the Agardi Team if you want to buy a home or have one to sell is:
Not only do we sell our clients’ homes for more money and faster than the average area agent, but your home is also more likely to sell. According to 2015 MLS statistics, only 71% of area homes sold during their listing term. Compare that to our 95% of homes listed that sold before the end of the listing term. YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED OR WE’LL BUY IT*
To discuss the sale of your home, call The Agardi Team at 718-755-2882 and start packing!
*Agardi Team and the seller have to agree on the price and the closing date.