Your specific condition and preferences will determine the ideal time of year for your move. The pros and cons of moving during every season are listed as follows:
- Pros: The usual mild weather makes packing and moving your possessions simpler. Furthermore, since there are more houses available, you might be able to haggle for a lower price.
- Cons: You might need to reserve movers and other services in advance because spring is also the busiest season for moving. Additionally, you might need to consider the inconvenience of moving during this time of year if you have kids in school.
- Pros: Moving is also common during the summer, but it’s not as busy as in the spring. It’s a great time to explore your new surroundings because the weather is typically nice and sunny. In addition to that, if you have kids in school, they can spend the summer at their new house.
- Cons: The summer heat can make moving and packing more challenging. Moreover, you might need to be concerned about mold and mildew if you reside in a region with significant humidity.
- Pros: It’s a good time to relocate in the fall because the weather is typically mild. There are fewer houses available, which can give you greater negotiating leverage.
- Cons: You might need to take into account the delay of moving during the academic year, as the fall also marks the beginning of the school year. You might need to make plans for your pets’ care during the transfer if you have any.
- Pros: Moving activity is at its lowest during the winter, so you might be able to get cheaper deals on movers and other services. If you reside in a region with chilly winters, you could benefit from fewer heating expenditures in your new house.
- Cons: Winter weather can make moving and packing more challenging. Also if you have young children, you might need to be concerned about them having a cold.
In the end, the ideal time of year to relocate to a new home depends on you and your family. When choosing, take into account your own interests and circumstances.
When choosing a moving date, keep the following extra things in mind:
- Your budget: Relocating in the off-season can frequently result in cost savings on moving and other services.
- Your schedule: If you need to relocate on short notice, consider doing so in the summertime or autumn when there are more movers available.
- The weather: Refrain from moving in the winter or summer if you reside in a region with severe weather.
- Your family’s needs: Avoid moving throughout the academic month or during the coldest or hottest months of the year if you have young children or pets.
One of the reasons to call the Agardi Team if you want to buy a home or have one to sell is:
Not only do we sell our clients’ homes for more money and faster than the average area agent, but your home is also more likely to sell. According to 2015 MLS statistics, only 71% of area homes sold during their listing term. Compare that to our 95% of homes listed that sold before the end of the listing term. YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED OR WE’LL BUY IT*
To discuss the sale of your home, call The Agardi Team at 718-755-2882 and start packing!
*Agardi Team and the seller have to agree on the price and the closing date.