Once you’ve decided to sell your home and have appointed a real estate agent to work with you. They’ll ask you how much access you want to provide prospective buyers to your house. Your response is more significant now than it was previously. Here is why:
There was an increase in the number of homebuyers who made offers on properties before visiting them at the peak of the buying fever experienced during the pandemic.
Three things caused that to happen:
- Insufficient inventory of houses
- Numerous rival purchasers are vying for the opportunity to benefit from extremely low mortgage rates
- Moreover, there is a general aversion to personal home tours during a pandemic
Read Also: What Is Equity
Due to the changing nature of the industry, consumers can now generally be more cautious and take their time analyzing the options available.
Therefore, you should provide potential buyers with as much access as you can to your home in order to effectively exhibit and sell it. Take into account these five degrees of access you can offer before letting your agent know what works for you. They are arranged in order of buyer convenience, starting with the most convenient. Remember, if you allow buyers as much access as you can, the agent will be more qualified to market your home.
- The door’s lockbox – As a result, purchasers can view the house whenever they like or as soon as they learn about the listing.
- Providing the Home with a Key – It would still be quite easy for a buyer if a representative stopped by a location to pick up the key.
- Open Access over the Phone – This implies that you consent to a showing with simply a phone call’s advance notice.
- Only by Appointment – For instance, you might ask your agent to schedule a showing and notify you in advance. By doing so, you may get ready to move in while knowing you have somewhere to stay in for the time being.
- Restricted Access – This could imply that you’re only willing to make your home available on particular days or during particular hours. This is typically the most challenging and rigid way to display the property to potential buyers.
As the housing market changes today, work with your local realtor to provide potential buyers with as much access to your home as you can. The sale of your home might be greatly affected by access. If you’re prepared to relocate this spring, get in touch with an agent for real estate right now.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more Real Estate Free Reports
One of the reasons to call the Agardi Team if you want to buy a home or have one to sell is:
Not only do we sell our clients’ homes for more money and faster than the average area agent, but your home is also more likely to sell. According to 2015 MLS statistics, only 71% of area homes sold during their listing term. Compare that to our 95% of homes listed that sold before the end of the listing term. YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED OR WE’LL BUY IT*
To discuss the sale of your home, call The Agardi Team at 718-755-2882 and start packing!
*Agardi Team and the seller have to agree on the price and the closing date.