Ways to Volunteer and Help Others During the Holidays: The holidays are a time to give and cheer others up. Helping others in need and offering your time are two of the best ways to accomplish this. There are numerous opportunities to become involved, and even modest acts of kindness can have a significant impact.
Here are a few ideas for volunteering and helping others during the holidays:
- Donate toys or food. Donations are always needed for food banks and toy drives over the holidays. You can bring brand-new, unopened toys to a toy drive or give non-perishable food to your neighborhood food bank.
- Serve food at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen. Many people are having financial difficulties during the holidays, and a hot dinner can significantly improve their situation. Serving meals at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter in your neighborhood is a volunteer opportunity.
- Visit a hospital or nursing home. The holidays are a time when many residents of hospitals and nursing homes spend time alone. One way to show them holiday cheer is to visit them. You can spend time conversing with them, read to them, or bring them gifts.
- Volunteer with a nonprofit in your community. During the holidays, a wide range of charity groups require assistance. You can offer your assistance by volunteering to pack food boxes, wrap presents, or sift donations.
- Share your skills. You can offer your unique skills to assist others if you have any. For instance, you may provide your assistance with a nonprofit organization’s website or social media if you are proficient with computers. You can offer your talents as a musician to play at a holiday gathering.
Your time and effort will be valued regardless of how you decide to return the favor. Spreading holiday cheer and improving the lives of others can be achieved through volunteering.
Here are a few additional tips for volunteering during the holidays:
- Be adaptable. Since the holidays are frequently the busiest for nonprofit organizations, it’s critical to be flexible with your schedule. Be prepared to work various shifts and undertake various responsibilities.
- Be dependable. Once you’ve made the commitment to volunteer, make sure to be on time and give your all when doing your chores.
- Be optimistic. Positivity is a powerful motivator. Be outgoing and helpful, and make an effort to make the encounter pleasurable for all parties.
Remember, any amount of time you can give is appreciated. Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community and make the holidays special for everyone.
Who do you know considering buying or selling a home you could refer to our real estate sales team?
As the area’s special non-profit, St. Mary’s Hospital For Children depends on sponsorships and donations to continue its leading-edge care and keep family expenses to a minimum. As part of our Go Serve Big mission statement, we are on a mission to raise $10,000 for the kids at St. Mary’s Hospital For Children.
Not only will they benefit from our award-winning service, but a very worthy cause will benefit as well. Simply call us directly at 718-755-2882 or forward our number on.
So when you hear us say, “YOUR REFERRALS HELP THE KIDS…”, they really do!