Ways To Reduce Closing Costs: Every mortgage loan incurs fees known as “closing costs” or “settlement fees.” There are different types of closing costs. So let’s take a look at what they are:
- Recurring costs are those that are charged more than once, such as real estate taxes, insurance, and interest.
- Non-recurring costs are one-time fees like discount points, transfer taxes, processing fees, and inspection fees
- Recurring costs are fixed, while non-recurring costs may be negotiable.
Read Also: Tips For First-Time Home sellers
Here are some ideas for saving money on non-recurring fees.
- Get estimates from at least three lenders and pay attention to the closing costs they charge in addition to the interest rate they offer.
- Ask if there is any flexibility in the lender’s origination and administration fees.
- Insert a contingency in your offer, asking the seller to pay all or part of your closing costs.
- Try to close at the end of the month and you will reduce the number of days of interest due at closing.
- Shopping and negotiating are the keys to reducing your closing costs.
Watch the video below:
One of the reasons to call the Agardi Team if you want to buy a home or have one to sell is:
Not only do we sell our clients’ homes for more money and faster than the average area agent, but your home is also more likely to sell. According to 2015 MLS statistics, only 71% of area homes sold during their listing term. Compare that to our 95% of homes listed that sold before the end of the listing term. YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED OR WE’LL BUY IT*
To discuss the sale of your home, call The Agardi Team at 718-755-2882 and start packing!
*Agardi Team and the seller have to agree on the price and the closing date.