Although they can be a lovely addition to any home, they can sometimes be curious and destructive. Pet-proofing your home is important before bringing your new furry buddy home, for this reason.
Here are some tips on how to pet-proof your home:
- Eliminate any potential dangers. This includes electrical cords, harmful plants, and little things that might suffocate your pet. You might also think about using childproof covers on electrical outlets.
- Fix large furniture. It’s crucial to anchor heavy furniture to the wall since pets can easily bump into and topple it. Furniture straps or bracing can be used for this.
- Secure window coverings. Pets should be restrained or kept out of reach because they can get tangled in window cords. Blinds or shades for windows without cords are another option.
- Take a look at your houseplants. Some houseplants are toxic to animals. Move any dangerous plants you have out of your pet’s reach, if you have any. You might want to think about purchasing non-toxic plants instead.
- Safely store your prescriptions. Medication poisoning can occur in pets; therefore, it’s crucial to store them safely out of your pet’s reach. Use a high shelf or a cabinet with child-resistant locks.
- Make the bathroom pet-proof. To keep your pet from falling into the toilet, keep the lid locked at all times. To keep your pet out of the trash bin, you might also want to think about covering it.
- Keep cleaning supplies in cabinets. Cleaning products should be kept in cupboards with childproof locks since they can be toxic to pets.
In addition to the above tips, you may also want to consider the following:
- Make a special area for your pet. This might be a box, a bed, or perhaps an entire space. Your pet will feel safer and more secure if they have a special area.
- Give your pet plenty of toys to play with. Your pet won’t get bored if you provide them with some toys to play with.
- When leaving your pets unattended, keep an eye on them. Even if your home has been pet-proofed, you should still keep an eye on your pet when they are left alone. This will make it easier to avoid any mishaps.
By following these tips, you can help to create a safe and comfortable home for your pet.
One of the reasons to call the Agardi Team if you want to buy a home or have one to sell is:
Not only do we sell our clients’ homes for more money and faster than the average area agent, but your home is also more likely to sell. According to 2015 MLS statistics, only 71% of area homes sold during their listing term. Compare that to our 95% of homes listed that sold before the end of the listing term. YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED OR WE’LL BUY IT*
To discuss the sale of your home, call The Agardi Team at 718-755-2882 and start packing!
*Agardi Team and the seller have to agree on the price and the closing date.