In a tiny kitchen, there are a variety of big and minor options to add more counter space. Here are some suggestions:
- Declutter and organize your countertops. Although it may seem obvious, it’s crucial to begin by clearing any extra clutter from your countertops. This will make room for the items you truly need to use every day. After decluttering, spend some time arranging the objects you still have in a way that makes sense to you. For example, you might wish to keep frequently used products close at hand or arrange comparable items together.
- Create vertical space. Look for ways to provide more vertical space if you don’t have a lot of horizontal counter space. You might want to, place a pot rack on the wall or use shelves to arrange spices, dinnerware, and other kitchen accessories. You may add more storage by using the rear of your pantry door.
- Use a cart or kitchen island. A kitchen island or cart can be a terrific way to increase your counter space if you have the room. These kinds of furniture can serve as a temporary dining table or prep space, as well as extra storage.
- Invest in portable counter space. There are several moveable counter space choices available if you lack the room for a permanent kitchen island or cart. You can buy a folding table that you can set up and take down as needed or a roll-out cutting board that fits over your sink.
- Get creative with your storage. There are several inventive solutions for keeping kitchen supplies off the counter. Use a magnetic knife rack to keep your blades organized or hang baskets to hold fruits and veggies. Spices, oils, and other little goods can be kept in under-cabinet organizers.
Read Also: What Are Prepaid Interest
Here are a few more ideas for making the most of the counter space in a small kitchen:
- Use multi-purpose appliances. Look for solutions that can serve numerous uses when buying new appliances. To give you an idea, using a food processor instead of many separate machines can be utilized to chop, slice, and grate food.
- Appliances should be stored when not in use. When not in use, it’s crucial to store your appliances, especially if you have a lot of them. Your kitchen will look more tidy and have extra counter space as a result.
- Clean up as you go. Cleaning as you go is one of the best methods to maintain clutter-free surfaces. This entails cleaning worktops after each use, washing and putting away dishes as you use them, and so on.
Even if you’re on a tight budget, you can increase the counter space in your small kitchen by using these suggestions.
One of the reasons to call the Agardi Team if you want to buy a home or have one to sell is:
Not only do we sell our clients’ homes for more money and faster than the average area agent, but your home is also more likely to sell. According to 2015 MLS statistics, only 71% of area homes sold during their listing term. Compare that to our 95% of homes listed that sold before the end of the listing term. YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED OR WE’LL BUY IT*
To discuss the sale of your home, call The Agardi Team at 718-755-2882 and start packing!
*Agardi Team and the seller have to agree on the price and the closing date.