Entertaining in a small space is definitely possible with a little planning and creativity. Here are some tips:
- Pick the appropriate activities. Certain activities work better in confined areas than others. For instance, hosting a potluck meal or game night is a terrific way to entertain guests in a small area.
- Arrange your furniture thoughtfully. To make extra room in the middle of the room, push furniture up against the walls. You can also utilize portable, lightweight furniture that folds up quickly.
- Make the most of the vertical space you have. In order to keep food, beverages, and decorations, hang shelves from the walls. To add visual appeal, you can also utilize hanging plants or other decorations.
- Use furniture with multiple uses. For instance, you may keep food and beverages on a coffee table with a shelf underneath. Ottomans can also be used as additional seats as necessary.
- Reduce the number of attendees. Overcrowding your space is preferable to having a few close friends or family members over.
- Serve food and beverages at a buffet. This will help maintain traffic flow and minimize congestion for visitors.
- Make good use of lighting. Your space will feel more welcoming with gentle ambient lighting. To get the desired appearance, you can use candles, lamps, or even string lights.
- Decorate with basic elements. A few strategically placed candles or flowers can do a lot to liven up a tiny area.
Read Also: Key Factors In Selling A Home
Here are some additional tips for entertaining in a small space:
- Think ahead. This entails making as much food as you can ahead of time, prepping the venue the day before, and having a backup plan in case of inclement weather.
- Be ready to be versatile. Be ready to adapt because plans don’t always work out. For instance, you might need to move the celebration inside if it starts to rain.
- Don’t worry about little things. Don’t worry about the minor aspects, because nothing can ever be flawless. Simply concentrate on having fun with your visitors and making sure everyone has a nice time.
You can easily entertain people in a tiny space with a little preparation and imagination. Just keep in mind the importance of spending time with the people you care about.
One of the reasons to call the Agardi Team if you want to buy a home or have one to sell is:
Not only do we sell our clients’ homes for more money and faster than the average area agent, but your home is also more likely to sell. According to 2015 MLS statistics, only 71% of area homes sold during their listing term. Compare that to our 95% of homes listed that sold before the end of the listing term. YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED OR WE’LL BUY IT*
To discuss the sale of your home, call The Agardi Team at 718-755-2882 and start packing!
*Agardi Team and the seller have to agree on the price and the closing date.