Does it make sense to move up? The idea of moving up to a larger home can be an exciting prospect. But here are a few questions to ask yourself to make sure it is the right decision for you:
- First and most importantly, do you have sufficient income, to afford the additional costs such as higher mortgages? Maintenance? Property taxes? Insurance and moving costs?
- How much equity have you built up, in your current home?
- Want to be in a different school district?
- Or do you want to be closer to your job?
- Are you better off moving rather than remodeling your home?
- Do you need more room or just want a change of scenery?
- How do current interest rates compare to what you’ve been paying on your existing mortgage?
Read Also: The Best Furniture For Small Spaces
If you’re considering moving up, talk to your realtor to help you answer these questions and guide you through the process.
Watch the video below:
One of the reasons to call the Agardi Team if you want to buy a home or have one to sell is:
Not only do we sell our clients’ homes for more money and faster than the average area agent, but your home is also more likely to sell. According to 2015 MLS statistics, only 71% of area homes sold during their listing term. Compare that to our 95% of homes listed that sold before the end of the listing term. YOUR HOME SOLD GUARANTEED OR WE’LL BUY IT*
To discuss the sale of your home, call The Agardi Team at 718-755-2882 and start packing!
*Agardi Team and the seller have to agree on the price and the closing date.